2012 Yamaha Big Bear 400 4x4 IRS - Realtree® AP™ Camo
Call for Price
Stock Image: Realtree® AP™ Camouflage
Here's mud in your eye
Featuring a sealed wet brake for incredible durability and reliability in even the sloppiest conditions, the legendary Big Bear 400 4x4 IRS features mid-size chassis, torquey powerful engine, 5-speed automatic-clutch gearbox with reverse, independent rear suspension, On-Command 2WD/4WD and so much more.
•Potent, 386cc air/oil-cooled, SOHC four-stroke single delivers reliable, class-leading low-end and midrange power to tackle the hardest chores and toughest trails.
•Independent rear suspension offers maximum ground clearance, excellent terrainability and all-day comfort.
•Class-exclusive, three-position On-Command® In/Out 4WD feature lets you switch between 2WD, limited-slip 4WD and fully locked differential 4WD—all with the simple push of a button.
•Constant-mesh five-speed transmission with automatic clutch, reverse and super-low stump-pulling first gear means this is one hard-working ATV.
•Sealed wet brake out back provides long-lasting, consistent stopping power in even the harshest conditions.
•Full floorboards and high ground clearance keep the rider high and as dry as possible.
•Pushbutton electric starting in any gear is backed up by an auxiliary recoil starter.
•Huge 25x8-12 front and 25x10-12 rear ITP® Mud Lite tires further boost ground clearance while providing great handling and traction.
•Simple yet powerful 386cc air/oil-cooled, SOHC engine inhales through a heated, semi-oval slide 33mm BSR Mikuni® carburetor for seamless throttle response and excellent all-weather performance.
•DC-CDI ignition system ensures dependable starting and puts out consistent spark at all rpm for optimal engine performance.
•Large-capacity oil cooler with cooling fan helps maximize engine efficiency, even under heavy loads.
•Stainless steel muffler and header provide superior power characteristics, exhaust sound and unmatched durability.
•Tool-free, easy-access air filter box.
•Automatic cam chain tensioner reduces engine maintenance and helps extend engine life.
•Special compact frame design uses fewer components to reduce weight and provide lighter steering, a tighter turning radius and superior durability.
•Class-leading turning radius provides maximum maneuverability on tight trails and while working with heavy equipment.
•Independent double-wishbone front suspension with five-way preload-adjustable shocks and 5.8 inches of travel.
•Independent rear suspension with five-way preload adjustment and 7.6 inches of travel provides excellent handling and all day comfort.
•On-Command® drive selection with Diff. Lock lets you access full power from 4WD locked.
•Low seat height for great handling.
•Plenty of ground clearance and a high mount air intake makes this machine ready for muddy conditions.
•Large-diameter ventilated hydraulic front disc brakes and a sealed rear wet brake provide plenty of stopping power in a variety of conditions.
•Reliable, low-maintenance front and rear shaft drive.
•Specially designed A-arms with removable ball joints provide smooth operation and outstanding reliability.
•Built-in winch mounts.
•Wrinkle-finish cargo racks are super-durable and can pack a class-leading total of 264 pounds (88 front, 176 rear) of payload.
•Speedometer with odometer/tripmeter adds greater versatility and allows rider to keep track of engine maintenance intervals.
•Standard center-mounted trailer hitch can hook up more than 1100 pounds of payload.
•Full floorboards, lots of ground clearance and a high-mount air intake are ready for mud.
•Flat-style handlebars help provide light steering effort and great rider comfort.
•Large front and rear fenders with inner splash guards offer excellent mud and splash protection.
•Water-resistant, large-capacity underseat storage box provides added convenience.
•Heavy-duty, full-coverage A-arm and CV joint boot protectors help prevent damage to boot covers.
•Specially designed, thickly padded seat is widely contoured for incomparable rider comfort.
•Large-capacity, 4-gallon fuel tank has a built-in gauge.
•Mud and water-resistant automotive-type DC power outlet powers a wide range of accessories.
•Rugged, serrated footrests provide excellent grip and rider comfort with superb durability.
•Maintenance-free 18-amp-hour battery provides extra starting power.
•Underseat marine-spec electrical components ensure maximum protection from the elements and easy access.
•Bright multireflector 30-watt headlights feature wide positioning to maximize low-light and nighttime visibility.
•Easy-to-use, handlebar-mounted parking brake and choke lever.
•Assembled in Newnan, GA, U.S.A.
- Type: 386cc, 4-stroke, air-/oil-cooled single; SOHC
- Bore x Stroke: 83.0mm x 71.5mm
- Compression Ratio: 8.6:1
- Fuel Delivery: Mikuni® 33mm BSR
- Ignition: DC-CDI
- Starting System: Electric w/auxiliary pull
- Transmission: 5-speed w/reverse; automatic clutch; front- and rear-wheel engine braking
- Drive Train: Yamaha On-Command® pushbutton; 3-way locking differential; 2WD, 4WD, locked 4WD; shaft drive
- Suspension / Front: Independent double wishbone; 5-way preload adjustment, 5.8-in travel
- Suspension / Rear: Independent double wishbone; 5-way preload adjustment, 7.6-in travel
- Brakes / Front: Dual hydraulic discs
- Brakes / Rear: Sealed oil bathed, multi disc
- Tires / Front: AT25 x 8-12 ITP® Mud Lite
- Tires / Rear: AT25 x 10-12 ITP® Mud Lite
- L x W x H: 79.4 x 43.9 x 46.7 in
- Seat Height: 35.2 in
- Wheelbase: 48.4 in
- Turning Radius: 126 in
- Ground Clearance: 10.5 in
- Fuel Capacity: 4.0 gal
- Wet Weight: 628 lb
- Rack Capacity: 88 lb Fr./176 lb Rr.
- Towing Capacity: 1102 lb
- Instrumentation: Speedometer, odometer & fuel gauge
- Lighting: Dual 30W Krypton multireflector headlights & 21/5W brakelight
- Warranty: 6 Month (Limited Factory Warranty)
- Engine Type
- 4-stroke, SOHC
- 386 cc
- Bore x Stroke
- 83.0mm x 71.5mm
- Engine Cooling
- Air/Oil cooled
- Fuel System
- Mikuni® 33mm BSR
- Starting System
- Electric w/auxiliary pull
- Front Suspension
- Independent double wishbone; 5-way preload adjustment
- Front Travel
- 5.8 in.
- Front Brake Type
- Dual hydraulic discs
- Front Tires
- AT25 x 8-12 ITP® Mud Lite
- Rear Travel
- 7.6 in.
- Rear Suspension
- Independent double wishbone; 5-way preload adjustment
- Rear Brake Type
- Sealed oil bathed, multi disc
- Rear Tires
- AT25 x 10-12 ITP® Mud Lite
- Front Rack Capacity
- 88 lb.
- Rear Rack Capacity
- 176 lb.
- Towing Capacity
- 1102 lb.
- Fuel Capacity
- 4.0 gal.
- Ground Clearance
- 10.5 in.
- Machine Dimensions (LxWxH)
- 79.4 x 43.9 x 46.7 in.
- 48.4 in.
- Drive Train
- Yamaha On-Command® pushbutton; 3-way locking differential; 2WD, 4WD, locked 4WD
- Final Drive
- 5-speed w/reverse; automatic clutch; front- and rear-wheel engine braking
- Dual 30W Krypton multireflector headlights & 21W/5W brakelight
- Realtree® AP™ Camouflage
- 6 Month (Limited Factory Warranty)